Young Spartan gains attention cheerleading in Facebook video

<p>Photo courtesy of the&nbsp;Spahr&nbsp;family.&nbsp;</p>

Photo courtesy of the Spahr family. 

Three-and-a-half year old Clara Spahr was born a Spartan.

Raised by her parents Chrissy and Ryan Spahr, who met as cheerleaders at MSU, Clara showed off her Spartan pride while reciting "Victory For MSU" in a video shared on Facebook.

Getting excited for our game! So is this little girl who has two MSU alumni cheerleaders as parents and have prepared her well! GO GREEN!

Posted by Michigan State Cheerleading Team on Friday, March 27, 2015

The video has been shared more than 1,000 times since March 2015 and was posted on the MSU Cheerleading Team's Facebook page. It recently saw a spike in popularity and shares. 

Clara's enjoyment of cheerleading started when she was six months old, and by the age of one she had started singing “Victory for MSU," her mother Chrissy said.

Her father said he is already looking forward to his daughter potentially following in the cheerleading footprints he and his wife left behind at MSU.

"My wife and I look back at it as one of the best times of our lives,” Ryan said. “To be able to share this experience and talk about a similar experience that my daughter could add to what we had would be really thrilling.”

Chrissy said Clara loves gymnastics and being able to perform stunts with her father. Clara's love for cheer has formed a strong bond between father and daughter.

"It brings me a lot of joy to be able to see her smile and have her ask me to put her in the air,” Ryan said. “It’s a great relationship between me and my daughter.”

Clara loves to attend MSU football and basketball games with her family, her mother said. Her mother also said she looks forward to Clara potentially following in her footprints.

“It would be very cool, we would never push her to do (cheerleading), but if she wants to do it,” Chrissy said.

Share and discuss “Young Spartan gains attention cheerleading in Facebook video ” on social media.