Sunday, September 22, 2024

CVS now open 24/7, alcohol sales extended to 2 a.m.

<p>Criminal justice sophomore Brianna Harris walks out of CVS Pharmacy, 240 M.A.C. Ave., after some quick grocery shopping.</p>

Criminal justice sophomore Brianna Harris walks out of CVS Pharmacy, 240 M.A.C. Ave., after some quick grocery shopping.

After unanimous East Lansing City Council approval earlier in the week, the CVS Pharmacy located at 240 M.A.C. Ave. will stay open 24/7 and will sell alcohol until 2 a.m. now.

The change went into effect Wednesday, and although the store will be open 24/7, the pharmacy will not be.

Mayor Pro Tem Diane Goddeeris said she supports the extended hours because the general public seems to be in favor of it, and also because CVS functions as a sort of grocery store.

“I think that this is a valuable asset as we have more people living in the downtown area,” she said.

Criminal justice sophomore Brianna Harris said she’ll likely take advantage of the extended store hours in general.

“I think it was necessary just in case people needed to come in and buy something,” she said.

She said since she’s underage she doesn’t really care about the alcohol sale hours which extended from midnight to 2 a.m.

MSU alumna Julie Plummer said she also thinks it’s a good idea, because CVS’ hours differ from that of the local liquor stores around.

MSU alumnus Michael Bowe said he’ll definitely take advantage of the extended hours on alcohol sales.

“If I’m walking out from (a local bar) and it’s between midnight and 2 a.m., I’m probably going to stop here and pick up more (alcohol),” he said.

Share and discuss “CVS now open 24/7, alcohol sales extended to 2 a.m.” on social media.