Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Olin Health Center offers variety of health services

From food samples to promotional gear, MSU students are often quick to take advantage of anything offered for free. Olin Health Center is one place on campus that offers students some services at no cost.

Olin Health Center is the primary medical care facility at MSU, and each academic year Olin provides students with three free medical office visits. The visits are subsidized by a built-in fee in students’ tuition bills, according to Health Promotion and Communication Specialist Allyson Rogers .

Many services are included in the office visits, but prescriptions, laboratory tests, X-rays, physical therapy, surgeries and other extensive procedures are not.

Additionally, Rogers said there is no charge for a student’s first three psychiatry visits .

Though the complimentary medical visits are available to all students, some are not aware of that.

Agriculture, food and resource economics second year doctoral student Md Nahid Sattar said he visited Olin in the past for specific health issues, but he had not heard of the free-visit policy.

“I don’t really know how (the three free visits) work out,” Sattar said. “I think this is something that if they’re more clear about it, it is better.”

Spanish junior Morgan Kopietz said she was informed about the three free visits during her Academic Orientation Program , and stickers on mirrors in her residence hall reminded her of Olin’s services.

“It’s definitely free. ... They ask for your insurance card when you first go, but they don’t charge anything,” Kopietz said. “Every semester I’ve taken advantage of it.”

Share and discuss “Olin Health Center offers variety of health services” on social media.