Monday, October 21, 2024

Big Ten announces future locations for Basketball Tournament, Football Championship Games

The Spartan football and basketball teams will be seeing a lot more of Indianapolis in coming years after a Big Ten announcement today.

The Big Ten announced an extension of the contract allowing the Big Ten Football Championship Games to be held at Lucas Oil Stadium until 2021.

Last year, the Spartans bested the Buckeyes at Lucas Oil Stadium in the Big Ten championship and continued to Pasadena, Calif. for the Rose Bowl.

In addition to the extension of the football contract, the Big Ten has also announced the location of Big Ten basketball tournaments for the next several years.

According to the statement by the Big Ten, the Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament will alternate between Chicago and Indianapolis. In 2019 and 2021, the tournament will take place in Chicago at the United Center, with the Bankers Life Field house in Indianapolis hosting in 2020 and 2022

Also, Indianapolis will play host to the Big Ten women's basketball tournament from 2017-2022.

"We continue to enjoy an amazing partnership with the Big Ten conference, and we thank Commissioner Delany and the university leadership for placing their trust in Indianapolis once again," Indiana Sports Corp President Allison Melangton said in a statement.

Share and discuss “Big Ten announces future locations for Basketball Tournament, Football Championship Games” on social media.