Monday, September 23, 2024

Report: H&M heading to Meridian Mall as part of expansion

Swedish clothing store H&M is slated to come to the Meridian Mall in Okemos, according to a Lansing State Journal article.

The clothing company comes as a proposed 18,650 square foot expansion located on the north side of the mall, west of JC Penney, according to a proposal to the Meridian Township Town Board.

The extension would be part of a 30,000-square foot retail space to be filled by H&M and other stores.

According to the Lansing State Journal, the Okemos store would be the eighth in Michigan, with other stores located in Ann Arbor, Novi, Auburn Hills, Sterling Heights, Dearborn, Clinton Township and Grand Rapids.

The town’s application says the expansion would create 50 jobs for the mall.

Documents were filed with Meridian Township by Jeffery Keyes, a project engineer with KEBS Inc., a Haslett-based engineering firm that would execute the project if the town board approves it.

H&M is a trendy clothing store that sells men’s, women’s and children’s apparel.

The Meridian Township board will hear about this plan on Tuesday night during a public meeting. The meeting will be at 6 p.m. at the township hall’s municipal building at 5151 Marsh Road in Okemos.

Share and discuss “Report: H&M heading to Meridian Mall as part of expansion” on social media.