Monday, October 21, 2024

ESPN's College GameDay comes to East Lansing for 6th visit

Fans brought signs and other oddities to show their spirit on Saturday morning during ESPN's "College GameDay" at Munn Field on Oct. 22, 2011. State News File Photo

Not so fast, my friends.

Just because the MSU football team lost to Notre Dame last week under the lights of Spartan Stadium, it doesn’t mean the Spartans aren’t worth the national spotlight.

ESPN’s College GameDay returns to East Lansing on Saturday when No. 20 MSU (3-1) takes on the undefeated No. 14 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0).

This will be the sixth time the show has stopped in East Lansing, and the Spartans are 2-3 in those games, most recently with a 37-31 win against then-No. 6 Wisconsin last October.

ESPN football analyst Lee Corso, who predicts the winner of the game by donning the team’s mascot’s headgear, only has worn the Spartan headgear once, but he is 4-1 when picking on campus, with his only loss at the hands of Kirk Cousins hitting Keith Nichol in the famous “Rocket” play to beat the Badgers last season.

The game will be Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer’s first Big Ten matchup.

The location of the set is to be determined later.

Saturday’s game will air at 3:30 p.m on ABC.

Share and discuss “ESPN's College GameDay comes to East Lansing for 6th visit” on social media.