Monday, October 7, 2024

Weekend roundup: Feb. 3-5

It is almost the weekend. Classes are ending and students are ready to unwind. Here is a roundup of events to attend during the weekend respite.

The Well Reds
An up-and-coming pop/rock band with an edge, The Well Reds, will be rocking the International Center at 9 p.m. on Friday. One of their hit songs, “Violet,” can be found on YouTube. MSU student band Audio Monarch will open the show.

Doors open at 8:30 p.m., and students with an ID get entrance along with one guest, all must show ID.

For more information, visit uabevents.com

Faded Friday Night

DJs will be spinning at Mac’s Bar, 2700 E. Michigan Ave., in Lansing, on Friday at 9 p.m. Artists include Southpaw, Iake Cortez, Mike Eisensmith and Rob Cortez.

Admission for ages 21 and older is free and for ages 18 and older is $3.

For more information, visit macsbar.com

Back to Kindergarten Night
MSU students will get a chance to relive their childhood this weekend. On Saturday at the International Center, UAB is hosting a night dedicated to adolescent activities at 9 p.m. Activities will include big wheel racing, board games, coloring, hula-hooping and Play-Doh art. Students are encouraged to wear pajamas for a pajama contest. Pajamas must be appropriate. A photo booth will also be available to document the night. Goodie bags will be available for the first 100 guests along with a drawing for fun prizes.

Students with an ID get entrance along with one guest, and only MSU guests can win prizes.

Connxtions Comedy Club Presents DL Hughley
Comedian DL Hughley will be preforming at Connxtions Comedy Club, 2900 N East St., in Lansing, on Friday and Saturday. Performances will be held at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Hughley has starred in his own sitcom and has been featured on HBO.

Tickets are $25 and guests must be 18 to enter.

Seating will start an hour before the show, and seats are first come, first serve.

For more information, visit http://www.connxtionscomedyclub.com/

MSU Comics Forum

Comic fans from around the area will unite and have a chance to explore the home of the largest collection of comic books.

The event will bring together scholars, creators and fans to celebrate comics, graphic storytelling and sequential art.

The event will take place at Snyder and Philips halls starting at 7 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m. on Saturday.

Admission is free of charge.

For more information, visit http://www.comicsforum.msu.edu

Share and discuss “Weekend roundup: Feb. 3-5” on social media.