Sunday, May 5, 2024

Now opening: Friday brings fresh movies to theaters

<p>Nagy</p>

Nagy

Oh, how I love the movies­. They have the power to delight and inspire us, scare and thrill. Here are the movies I can’t wait to see opening Oct. 7.

“The Ides of March”: An up-and-coming campaign press secretary, played by Ryan Gosling, finds himself entwined in a political scandal that threatens to ruin his candidate’s, played by George Clooney, shot at the presidency. With suspense, politics, betrayal and intense male lead eye-candy, this film is sure to get hearts racing. I can’t wait to go on this fast-paced adventure.

“Real Steel”: In a new world of robotic boxing, a struggling boxer, played by Hugh Jackman, finds an abandoned robot, fixes him up and hopes to turn him into a champion fighter. This is a veg-out, no-holds-barred, pure entertainment kind of film. I expect to see epic robotic carnage in this film, so hopefully it delivers.

“Intruders”: The film tells the stories of two families haunted by menacing apparitions, one in Spain and one in Britain. The trailer paints this film as an unsettling, terrifying ride, saying “You can’t run from what’s already inside.” It should be a dark and twisted tale. I just hope it puts a spin on the cliched scary movie plot, but we’ll see.

“Toast”: After his mother dies, Nigel and his father must care for each other. A new cleaner named Mrs. Potter, played by Helena Bonham Carter, quickly steals Nigel’s father’s heart with her fabulous lemon meringue pie. Nigel and Mrs. Potter vie for Dad’s affections by embarking on a culinary battle. This film is sure to be a delightful break from mundane plotlines and offer moviegoers lighthearted entertainment.

Share and discuss “Now opening: Friday brings fresh movies to theaters” on social media.