Wednesday, June 26, 2024

LeSportsac Web site lets you customize bag

LeSportsac enables customers to customize their own bag or accessories on its Web site, www.lesportsac.com. LeSportsac’s “Livvy” bag in “Artisinal,” pictured, will be available in April.

These days, it seems like you can customize practically anything.

Whether it’s Nike shoes, a Wii Mii or an American Apparel dress, you can tweak your style exactly how you like.

But the mother of all customizable items is LeSportsac, the functional yet trendy bag brand that allows ordinary shoppers to play fashion executive.

On LeSportsac’s Web site, www.lesportsac.com, you begin by picking the style of purse you want — be it tiny, small or huge.

Then you are allowed to choose from about 20 different designs to cover your purse. And the pattern choices aren’t your typical stripes and polka dots either. While classic multicolor stripes are a choice, the most notable designs are donned with pastel paisley, whistling birds and giraffe spots. The purse featured is the style “Livvy” with the “Artisinal” print, which retails for $80 and will be available on the Web site in April.

No longer exclusively for women, the brand has two male divisions. The “Men’s” division features mature briefcases and duffles in solid colors, while the “Guy’s” division is aimed at a younger audience. If the bold designs of the women’s purses are a bit daunting, the men’s styles are a bit calmer.

LeSportsac is known for teaming up with big designers, such as tokidoki and Stella McCartney.

While tokidoki for LeSportsac bags are no longer available, Stella McCartney’s guest spot with LeSportsac is already available for pre-order.

Although it’s a little kitsch, the most “stella-r” design from the collection is the “Bunny Rucksack,” a bunny-shaped backpack available in three different prints.

The best part about LeSportsac bags is they’re functional. As the weather warms up, there’s a greater chance you’ll be prancing in the rain, or toting your bag at various parties. That’s where the bag’s nylon material comes in handy. If the bag happens to get soaked in the rain (or beer, yuck), all you need is some soap and cold water to remove the stain — much more convenient than trying to find a way to clean your leather Coach purse. Unfortunately, the bags have a white inside liner, which makes things difficult if you have leaky lip gloss or a broken pen.

But if the partying did get a little too heavy, LeSportsac will repair your damaged bag within a year after its purchase.

Just mail your purse in, and within two to three weeks you’ll have your purse fixed up like new.

The biggest downfall about LeSportsac is its prices.

Once you consider the bags are just made out of nylon, it seems slightly ridiculous to spend more than $100 for something that isn’t suede or leather.

But if you’re looking to go against the grain of today’s purse-carrying population, LeSportsac is a good choice.

Share and discuss “LeSportsac Web site lets you customize bag” on social media.