Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Freshman fifteen Q's

Shannon Jackson

College is a whole new world for many freshmen traveling campus for the first time. The State News sat down with one of these brave explorers to get a glimpse, in 15 questions or less, at a new face on campus and her perspective on her new frontier.

Meet Shannon Jackson

1. What is your major?

Political science and pre-law

2. Where are you from?

Howell, Mich.

3. Which dorm are you in?

I live in Armstrong Hall.

4. What album or movie best describes you?

I would probably say Maroon 5’s new album because I just went through a breakup and that’s kind of what (those songs are) about. And movie, I would say “Ever After” because I kind of want a fairy tale to happen to me.

5. Which celebrity would you like to hang out with?

Probably Hillary Clinton, she’s kind of one of my idols. What I want to do is go into Congress, so I think it would be really nice to sit down and talk to her about world issues.

6. What is one thing you want in your dorm room?

I’d like to have a candy dispenser machine, like a big vending machine full of candy; that would be pretty nice.

7. What is the best thing to eat in the cafeteria?

In Brody (Complex), I’d probably say Lafayette Square. Sometimes the food in the cafeteria’s good, but sometimes it’s just really weird.

8. What’s on your iPod?

I have a lot of country. I’m a big country fan. I have a lot of pop music and a lot of rock.

9. What do you like to do in your free time?

I’m a really athletic person, so I go to the gym every day and I work out. Other than that I probably go to the library and study every day and hang out with friends.

10. What three things would you bring to a deserted island?

A satellite phone, if those exist, probably my best friend and chocolate. I can’t live without chocolate.

—Compiled by Eric Chiu

Share and discuss “Freshman fifteen Q's” on social media.