Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Center analyzes world job markets

Asian pacific countries have some of the highest growing markets in the world, according to MSU's emerging markets potential index.

Run by the Center for International Business Education and Research in the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management, the report, which is published yearly, said Hong Kong, Singapore and South Korea have the fastest growing markets.

The top 24 countries with growing markets are released in the magazine The Economist. Researchers at the center then take the top countries and examine their markets using the center's standards, such as the level of market receptiveness and market potential for growth.

"The measures will give us what the potential of each of these markets are overall," said Tunga Kiyak, outreach specialist for the center.

Kiyak said they measure the economic growth of the countries, and companies, such as those in the pharmaceutical and automobile industries, take that information and tailor it to their own company.

Kiyak also said they sometimes tailor a report specifically for a company to show whether it is worthwhile to venture into a new country.

Tomas Hult, executive director of the center, said the information is used by people in the academics field including students, policy makers and business executives.

"We help U.S. business become more competitive globally," he said.

He also said the center, which is funded by the U.S. Department of Education, works with executives to help them develop plans for deciding which countries would be profitable for them to operate in.

The center also runs a database on its Web site called GlobalEDGE.

"It's the No. 1 Web site in the world for global research," Hult said. "You can get stuff such as up to the minute business news, and it has resources beyond belief."

The center will also be involved in next year's internationalization self-study that is part of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement, said June Youatt, assistant provost for undergraduate education.

The university must be accredited by the organization every 10 years in order for students to receive federal financial aid.

Share and discuss “Center analyzes world job markets” on social media.