Sunday, February 25, 2024

All Raiders should be benched

It was an utter blowout for Styf in Week 9.

With a huge outing, Styf narrowed the gap between the gurus in total points and tied the season series at 4-4.

As in many fantasy leagues, the 10th game is the beginning of the stretch run of the season as teams battle for playoff position and launch late runs in hopes of making it.

Styf says start 'em

I will reiterate that New York Jets wide receiver Santana Moss is tearing up the league and he needs to be starting for your team, along with Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith.

With Moss playing so well, also make sure you start Jets quarterback Chad Pennington.

The easy pick this week will be to start your Steelers. They host Arizona, so start wide receivers Plaxico Burress and Hines Ward, along with quarterback Tommy Maddox.

The Indianapolis Colts travel to Jacksonville this weekend, so make sure you start their secondary receiving option, Reggie Wayne.

The surprise from last week was the performance of Chicago Bears running back Anthony Thomas. He ran for 111 yards and two touchdowns against San Diego and should play well again when the Bears play at Detroit, in the second meeting between the teams in three weeks.

Stevie E. says sit 'em

Bench your Oakland Raiders - fast.

A collapse against Detroit in Week 9 is indicative of the disappointing season for Oakland, the proud team that made it to the Super Bowl last year.

With quarterbacks Rich Gannon and Marques Tuiasosopo injured, Rick Mirer will take the helm for Oakland this week. This does not bode well for running back Charlie Garner and receivers Jerry Rice and Tim Brown.

The already struggling Raiders are in for another bad week.

Also be wary of the inconsistent Buffalo offense in Week 10.

When quarterback Drew Bledsoe lines up against Dallas on Sunday, his squad could be in for a rude awakening against the surprisingly tough Cowboy defense.

Bledsoe has struggled in recent weeks with injuries to running back Travis Henry and receiver Eric Moulds.

Also be sure to keep Cleveland running back William Green out of your lineup. The second-year player was suspended by the team for Sunday's game against Kansas City.

Styf says add 'em

One player that fantasy owners should consider adding is Cincinnati Bengals running back Rudi Johnson. While Corey Dillon has returned from his car accident and groin injury, Johnson continues to score fantasy points.

After an excellent performance last week, also make sure you sign Houston Texans tight end Billy Miller. His season has gone slow, but Miller has scored a touchdown in the past two weeks, and his team will travel to Cincinnati on Sunday.

He might not be available anymore in your league, but I'll say it anyway - pick up Michael Bennett. He is taken in 94 percent of ESPN.com leagues, and the other 6 percent need to get on the ball.

Stevie E. scouts the Spartans

It is showtime for Tennessee receiver Derrick Mason when he faces Miami this weekend.

After two slow weeks, Mason looks to come off a bye week with a big performance against the Miami defense. As Tennessee lurches into the playoff stretch, Mason will be crucial to the team's success.

Pittsburgh receiver Plaxico Burress continues to struggle, but he might find some daylight against the Arizona defense this week.

Burress has been a disappointment so far this season and is bound for a break-out week.

After catching 13 passes for 231 yards and a touchdown in the season's first two weeks, Burress has been kept out of the end zone and hasn't had more than 75 yards receiving in a game. That 75-yard performance came last week.

Also note that Detroit receiver Charles Rogers is out with a broken collarbone.


Jon Styf Steve Eder
QB Kerry Collins Brett Favre
RB Priest Holmes Shaun Alexander
RB Marvin Harrison Torry Holt
TE Tony Gonzalez Alge Crumpler
DEF Giants Pittsburgh
MSU Derrick Mason Plaxico Burress
Last Week 84 46
Total 475 504
Record 4-4 4-4

Discussion

Share and discuss “All Raiders should be benched” on social media.