Monday, September 23, 2024

Obama only human, does not have superpowers

Unlike many credulous individuals populating the countryside, I do not partake in the irrational exultation that is “ObamaMania.” Laughably, President Barack Obama’s insipid inaugural words will not be “chiseled in marble” as one CNN cretin prematurely proclaimed. During these next four years, Americans will indeed have their “change”; a change led by socialist Democrats back to the grand old days of Jimmy Carter times five. Interestingly, Obama’s disingenuous campaign was manufactured around optimism and “hope.” Recently, it has evolved into pessimism, fear, doubts and overkill in a media effort to downplay his messianic abilities. So much for “yes we can.” President John F. Kennedy once said: “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” In comparison, Obama’s collective message does not incorporate any of the JFK ideals of limited government, rugged individualism, free enterprise and personal responsibility. Stripped of its scripted rhetoric, Obama’s message is one of sitting down and waiting for help from Washington, D.C. America elected an authoritarian whose congressional comrades will enact legislation that restricts individual liberties all under the guise of saving us. To this day, no one has established where “redistribution of wealth” is found anywhere in the Constitution. And exactly how are bailouts, irresponsible spending and raising taxes going to ease a recession? Precisely how is closing Guantanamo helping to keep U.S. citizens safe? If and when journalistic integrity ever returns and our dear president has been exposed as just another disastrous bureaucrat with good oratory skills, look for the Obama minions to resort to typical scapegoat excuses and denial.

Bob Golm

MSU alumnus, Central Michigan University graduate

Share and discuss “Obama only human, does not have superpowers” on social media.