Friday, October 31, 2014

Entertainment Blog

CBS issues wardrobe guidelines for upcoming Grammy Awards

By Christine LaRouere          Posted: 02/06/13 6:39pm         

Viewers watching The Grammys expect to see beautiful women wearing dazzling evening gowns and men sporting sophisticated tuxedos.

However, there always are those celebrities who seem to make their outfits too revealing, and some wear clothing that is just plain uncomfortable to look at.

Notorious outfits such as Lil’ Kim’s purple jumpsuit with the sea shell breast cover in 1999 and Jennifer Lopez’s over-plunging neck line in 2000 are just some of the reasons why CBS is banning any wardrobe that shows too much skin or anything too offensive.

According to gawker.com, it was CBS’s Standards and Practices department that sent out the new guidelines through email to all celebrities attending the upcoming 55th Grammy Awards.

If any of these new rules are not followed, it seems that person will not be shown on television.
Some reasons for this change are to avoid wardrobe malfunctions, make the program more viewer friendly and to make The Grammy’s more classy in general.

Nikki Finke, editor-in-chief of Deadline Hollywood, was the one who leaked the content of Tuesday’s e-mail to the public.

To show how important CBS is taking this, one of her sources said “I assume that my lovely colleagues do not get this same email for the Oscars.”

“Please avoid commercial identification of actual brand name products on T-shirts” and “Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered” are just some of the statements covered in the e-mail.

To see if celebrities actually follow these rules, watch The Grammys at 8p.m. this Sunday on CBS.