Witnesses testify against alleged I-96 shooter Raulie Casteel

Ten witnesses testified Tuesday morning at the Livingston County Court House against the alleged I-96 shooter, 44-year-old Raulie Casteel.

The MSU alumnus allegedly shot at 24 people between Oct. 16 and 27 in 2012 along the I-96 corridor. The cases spanned four separate counties, including Livingston and Ingham counties.

He faces nine counts of assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder, nine felony firearms counts and terrorism charges in Livingston County.

Some of the witnesses’ cars just barely missed a bullet, while others, like Jaime Greaves, were left with bullet holes in their vehicles.

Greaves’ vehicle was struck by the alleged shooter as she was driving from Wixom to Walled Lake.

Greaves testified Tuesday that she heard a loud noise on the left side of her car and thought it was another car backfiring. It wasn’t until the next day when Greaves’ husband told her about the shooting that she noticed bullet mark on her vehicle.

“They were freaked out that mommy got shot at,” Greaves said of her children’s emotions following the discovery.

Sgt. Ted Harrison of the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office also presented evidence from the scene along M-52, including shell casings and bullets.

Share and discuss “Witnesses testify against alleged I-96 shooter Raulie Casteel” on social media.