Wonder Woman 5k empowers locals to race for courage and strength this Sunday.

ww-excitement

Capes encouraged, not required, the DC Wonder Woman College Run 5k is gearing up at Michigan State University. Whether walking or running their first or hundredth race, everyone is invited to join at noon Sunday, Oct.13.

The Wonder Woman 5k is meant to showcase strength, perseverance and empowerment as students tap into their inner superhero. An #IAMWONDERWOMAN wall of inspiration will be set up, where participants can write down what wonder woman qualities they aspire to have. There will be some great photo opportunities and food at the pre-race festival.

The race is brought to Michigan State University, of East Lansing, in partnership with Warner Bros by Riddle & Bloom and SON Events who are making a contribution to the local Boys & Girls Club.

This fall, eight colleges are hosting Wonder Woman 5ks. In the spring, more than ten schools are expected to participate.

The race starts at 3 p.m. with a festival featuring a DJ, photo ops, food and more at noon. As a part of registration for the race, participants get a race kit with an exclusive Tank-top/T-shirt, a medal of completion, complimentary race photos, commemorative race bib and admittance to the pre and post-race festival.

The race begins behind Akers Hall on MSU campus and takes racers along the picturesque Red Cedar River Trail across campus and back.

Registration for students is $30 and non-student registration is $35 and can be done online at Bit.ly/WWCTMSU