Ten of MSU's graduate programs ranked top 10 in nation

Five of MSU’s graduate programs have been listed the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports’ latest ranking.

According to U.S. News & World Reports’ ranking for this year, 10 of MSU’s graduate programs, many in the College of Education, have been ranked within the top 10 best graduate programs in the country.

College of Education

Seven out of MSU’s 10 top-ranked graduate programs are within the College of Education.

The College of Education’s elementary and secondary education programs were ranked number one in the nation, with MSU’s secondary education program ranked before University of Michigan’s program. 

Additionally, the College of Education’s higher education administration program was ranked number one.

The curriculum and instruction program was ranked at number two for the second year in a row, while educational psychology was ranked at number four.

The educational psychology program looks into the “psychological processes that underlie learning, as well as the practices that support these processes, the developmental mechanisms that lead to individual differences, and the impact of motivation,” according to the College of Education’s website

The educational administration supervision program, at number eight, and the educational policy program, at number nine, were also recognized in U.S. News & World Reports’ ranking. 

Department of Physics and Astronomy 

Within the best science graduate programs, MSU's nuclear physics program ranked number one, above both Yale University and Duke University.

Eli Broad College of Business

The Eli Broad College of Business’s graduate supply chain management program is in the number one spot for the top business graduate programs, above Ohio State University and Stanford University. 

The program offers “a unique graduate program providing specific deeper knowledge of supply chain practices and technologies in a structure that it allows it to be completed while students are working full time,” according to the college’s website. 

College of Social Science

The College of Social Science’s graduate criminal justice program is ranked number 10 in the nation.

“The School of Criminal Justice at Michigan State University is the nation’s oldest continuous degree-granting program in criminal justice,” the College of Social Sciences website reads. “With pioneering research, undergraduate and graduate education, and collaboration with criminal justice agencies, private firms, and communities, MSU has been a leader in criminal justice scholarship since 1935.”

A complete list of MSU's graduate programs ranked in the top 10 nationally:

• Elementary education, College of Education
  • Secondary education, College of Education
  • Higher education administration, College of Education
  • Curriculum and instruction, College of Education
  • Educational psychology, College of Education
  • Educational administration, College of Education
  • Education policy, College of Education
  • Nuclear Physics, Department of Physics and Astronomy
  • Supply chain/logistics, Eli Broad College of Business
  • Criminal justice, College of Social Science

Share and discuss “Ten of MSU's graduate programs ranked top 10 in nation” on social media.