MSU Osteopathic Medicine includes Nassar in previous award recipients

The MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine included ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar on a list of previous collegiate award winners sent to the college's class of 2019 on Jan. 19.

The list was attached to an email along with other "nomination materials" for the college's 2018 awards.

The list states it was last updated in December 2017.

Nassar was arrested on federal child pornography charges in December 2016 and was sentenced to 60 years in prison Dec. 7, 2017. He pleaded guilty to 10 first-degree criminal sexual conduct charges in Ingham and Eaton counties in November 2017.

Nassar, described as a doctor despite losing his medical license in January 2017, is listed as a 2012 recipient of an award for "Humanism."

Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine William D. Strampel was placed on medical leave Dec. 14, 2017. Strampel is named in multiple lawsuits against MSU and is accused of failing “to report sexual abuse about which they knew or should have known."

The College of Osteopathic Medicine could not be reached for comment at the time of publication.

Editor's note — This story was last updated on Jan. 21 at 6:40 p.m. A previous version of the article said the email was sent to all members of the college, but the email was sent to the Class of 2019.

Share and discuss “MSU Osteopathic Medicine includes Nassar in previous award recipients” on social media.