Reports: Assistant coach Mark Snyder following Harlon Barnett to FSU

<p>Linebackers/Special Teams coach Mark Snyder watches the team during warm-ups on Sept. 4, 2015, before a game against Western Michigan at Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo, Mich. The Spartans beat the Broncos, 37-24. Julia Nagy/The State News</p>

Linebackers/Special Teams coach Mark Snyder watches the team during warm-ups on Sept. 4, 2015, before a game against Western Michigan at Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo, Mich. The Spartans beat the Broncos, 37-24. Julia Nagy/The State News

Football defensive ends and special teams coordinator Mark Snyder will be following Harlon Barnett to Florida State to be the defensive ends coach for the Seminoles, according to Josh Newberg of 247Sports. Neither MSU nor Florida State has confirmed Snyder's departure at the time this article was published.

This comes about a week after Barnett was announced as the new defensive coordinator for FSU.

Snyder completed his third season with the Spartans, and many of his players have earned All-Big Ten recognition numerous times. A notable play occurred from his unit was in 2015, when the Spartans trailed 27-23 in the final 10 seconds of the game against University of Michigan, and Jalen Watts-Jackson recovered a block punt attempt and returned it for a 38-yard game-winning touchdown

Snyder's 28 years of coaching experience includes being a head coach at Marshall University and being the linebackers coach at Ohio State University when head coach Mark Dantonio was the defensive coordinator for the Buckeyes, from 2001-03.

Snyder's departure now means Dantonio has three assistant spots to fill, including the one left by Barnett and a spot the NCAA just gave all of college football, which allows every program to hire a 10th full-time assistant.

Share and discuss “Reports: Assistant coach Mark Snyder following Harlon Barnett to FSU” on social media.