Lotsa Pizza closes for 2 years due to Center City construction

<p>Lotsa Stone Fired Pizza is temporarily closed due to construction of the Center City District project.</p>

Lotsa Stone Fired Pizza is temporarily closed due to construction of the Center City District project.

Photo by McKenna Ross | The State News

Lotsa Stone Fired Pizza is closed during the construction of the Center City District project, according to the restaurant's marketing department.

The restaurant will remain closed for the next two years, or until construction is completed, Marketing Analyst Jenna Martin said in an email.

"The real reason for the closure is the location we're in is not producing the revenue that we thought it would," Chief Operating Officer Anthony DiGangi said. "With the construction in the area — there's no parking. ... There is literally no parking for people behind us anymore."

Lotsa will retain the property, DiGangi said. 

Once the construction is complete, Lotsa will be in a "prime location," but right now it is not, DiGangis said.

The branch opened Jan. 10, according to a previous State News article.

"I think that anytime a business closes in the downtown it's unfortunate," City Manager George Lahanas said. "I just would have a hard time imagining that we would know the impact of construction if it just started these past two weeks."

The city has a campaign to keep the community informed during construction and has paid for parking vouchers for customers, Lahanas said.

While Lot 1 is closed and 140 spaces are lost, public parking under the East Lansing Marriott reopened after renovations, creating 160 spaces, Lahanas said.

Mayor Mark Meadows did not respond to request for comment at the time of publication. 

Updated at 4:50 p.m.

Share and discuss “Lotsa Pizza closes for 2 years due to Center City construction” on social media.