ELPD investigating stolen art at East Lansing Art Festival

Festivalgoers roam around Albert Ave. during the 53rd annual East Lansing Art Festival on May 22, 2016 in East Lansing. The East Lansing Art Festival is ranked 50th in the nation in the Top 100 Fine Art Festival List by Sunshine Artist Magazine.
Festivalgoers roam around Albert Ave. during the 53rd annual East Lansing Art Festival on May 22, 2016 in East Lansing. The East Lansing Art Festival is ranked 50th in the nation in the Top 100 Fine Art Festival List by Sunshine Artist Magazine. —
Photo by Nic Antaya | and Nic Antaya The State News

Following reports of artwork stolen from the East Lansing Art Festival last weekend, the East Lansing Police Department has opened an investigation into the thefts.

Three booths were broken into after the Festival’s conclusion on May 21st with 11 pieces of artwork being taken in total. Estimated to be worth $4,500 dollars the pieces were taken from booths near the Abbot Road and Elizabeth Road intersection and a booth along M.A.C. Avenue near Grand River Avenue.

Among the items taken were multiple henna artwork and paintings. Those with any information concerning the theft are asked to call ELPD Detective Tony Fuller at (517) 319-6889

Share and discuss “ELPD investigating stolen art at East Lansing Art Festival” on social media.