Portion of E. Circle Drive closes through Friday for filming

<p>MSU Police block off East Circle Drive Oct. 14, 2014, for the construction and setting up of the Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie to be filmed at the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum. CATA buses had to be rerouted to work around the block off. Erin Hampton/The State News</p>

MSU Police block off East Circle Drive Oct. 14, 2014, for the construction and setting up of the Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie to be filmed at the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum. CATA buses had to be rerouted to work around the block off. Erin Hampton/The State News

Photo by Erin Hampton | The State News

The filming of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is not only shutting the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum for the week, it’s shutting down East Circle Drive as well.

At about 10 a.m. Tuesday, police blockaded the road from just east of the Olin Health Center to the intersection of East Circle Drive and Farm Lane. There will also be limited access to the sidewalks surrounding the museum.

Construction crews have been setting up outside the building since last week, and there is also work going on inside the Broad. Set-up crews were building what appears to be a fully-stocked bar inside the museum, which was clearly visible from the windows on the south side of the building. 

MSU spokesperson Jason Cody said in an email to The State News that the road will remained closed through the end of the day Friday.

“From Tuesday, Oct. 14, through the end of the day on Friday, Oct. 17, Infrastructure Planning and Facilities will close a portion of East Circle Drive and multiple sidewalks around the Broad Art Museum to accommodate a private function,” Cody said.

An updated detour map from the university shows off-limits areas.

Rumorsswirled on social media Tuesday afternoon that actor Ben Affleck, who is casted to play the role of Batman, was on campus. But there is no hard evidence to support that claim and The State News could not confirm he was present.

Share and discuss “Portion of E. Circle Drive closes through Friday for filming” on social media.