Friday, September 27, 2024

RHA provides students with events, on-campus services

Students interested in living on campus often are inundated with special deals, events and activities, but one way to stay involved in on-campus happenings is to stay updated with the Residence Halls Association, or RHA.

RHA is the on-campus student government at MSU, which serves more than 15,000 students and provides a number of services through hall governments and free student events.

RHA President Sarah Pomeroy said the group not only provides representation of campus residents to university administrators but also provides entertainment and health tips for on- and off-campus residents.

One of the more well-known activities the group provides is its weekend movies at Wells Hall, which are free to on-campus residents with a valid ID.

Economics junior Breanna Doxie said she has attended some of RHA’s free movies in Wells Hall in the past.

“I think it gives people something to do,” she said.

RHA offers free movie rental offices for students in residence halls and free condoms through a partnership with Olin Health Center.

Pomeroy, who serves as RHA’s voice to the Board of Trustees, said the main mission of RHA is to represent campus residents and improve the residence hall experience at MSU through these services.
Communication and psychology sophomore Eric Hill said he served on the hall government for Bryan Hall last year and received funding from RHA for several events.He said in addition to the funding his group received, he often attended the movies at Wells Hall and a concert provided by RHA.

RHA has brought performers to MSU for several years, including comedian Aziz Ansari — which Hill said he attended and thoroughly enjoyed — rapper Kid Cudi and rapper Mac Miller.

“I really think RHA provides a lot for students, and it really is up to students to take advantage of opportunities and services,” he said.

Students interested in becoming involved in RHA can contact their hall governments or visit rha.msu.edu for more information.

Share and discuss “RHA provides students with events, on-campus services” on social media.