Stressed students can take study breaks with donuts, therapy dogs at the main library

Finals begin next week, so MSU Libraries will become among the busiest places on campus.

The main library will be hosting Night of a Thousand Donuts and therapy dogs for those in need of a break from their studies.

On Monday, Dec. 8 at 10 p.m., 1,000 donuts will be given away in addition to coffee and other gluten-free snacks.

Terri Miller, assistant director for public services with MSU Libraries, said the library staff wanted to provide other amenities to students who will be spending their nights studying at the library.

“We wanted to do something to support students and improve morale,” Miller said.

Carts with the treats will be going around the west wing or students can pick up a snack themselves on the first floor in the Reference Instruction Room.

Therapy dogs will be brought to the main library and business library during the week for students to play with during a study break.

Miller said the library has brought therapy dogs in before and received a great response which has lead to them being brought back.

Therapy dogs will be at the main library Sunday, Dec. 7 from 5–8p.m., Monday, Dec. 8 from 1-4 p.m. and Wednesday, Dec. 10 from 1–4 p.m.

The dogs will also come to the business library Monday, Dec. 8 from 1–3 p.m. and Tuesday, Dec. 9 from 1–3 p.m.

Miller added at this time, the library becomes like a student’s home and staff members wanted to help them.

“It’s a high-stress time—stress and anxiety can impact your performance on finals,” Miller said. “We’re helping (students) deal with stress levels.”

Share and discuss “Stressed students can take study breaks with donuts, therapy dogs at the main library” on social media.