Final teen charged in death of MSU student pleads guilty

<p>Dustyn Frolka</p>

Dustyn Frolka

The third and final teen charged in the death of MSU sophomore Dustyn Frolka pleaded guilty to first-degree murder Wednesday in Clinton County Circuit Court, after not accepting plea deals since he was charged with the death in February.

Brendan Heim, who was 16 at the time of the attack, admitted in court Wednesday that the plan to rob Frolka was hatched the night before, The Lansing State Journal reports.

After jumping from a car containing Heim and two other suspects, Frolka was found partially clothed and in respiratory distress on I-69 at about 10:30 p.m. on Feb. 15 near the East Lansing ramp. He sustained multiple injuries from the beating he received from Heim and his accomplices, and was later transported to Lansing's Sparrow Hospital, where he died shortly after.

Two of the other suspects in the death, Samantha Grigg and Tyrel Bredernitz, already accepted plea deals. 

Grigg pleaded guilty to manslaughter and unarmed robbery in June and will serve between six and 15 years in prison.

Bredernitz still awaits sentencing. 

As part of the plea deal, Heim will serve 32 1/2 to 60 years in prison. He is scheduled to appear for sentencing Nov. 24. 

Share and discuss “Final teen charged in death of MSU student pleads guilty” on social media.