Newly opened East Lansing Threads sells a variety of brands, customized jerseys

All the way from Destin, Florida, a new business has open its doors along Grand River Ave.

East Lansing Threads, which opened next to Potbelly Sandwich Shop, sells a variety of brands to appeal to men and women of all ages.

Owner and Destin, Florida resident Marsha Chouinard said she was told by friends and family members from Michigan to open a shop here since her store carries unique brands.

“I investigated and nobody really had the brands I wanted to carry,” Chouinard said. "Most of these (brands) are in higher-end department stores that aren't really in this area." 

Among the brands are Vineyard VinesSouthern Proper and Splendid.

The store also carries customized Spirit Football Jerseys which have “East Lansing” printed on them and accessories tailored to greek life.

Chouinard said she is excited to be in the area, especially since the store is right on Grand River Ave. and close to MSU and East Lansing High School.

“I love the energy you get from all the (MSU) students,” Chouinard said. "We're certainly hoping to pull in East Lansing residents and the high school students." 

Although the store has been open since Sept. 22, Chouinard said she has yet to host a grand opening.

“It may be about 30 days before we do an actual grand opening but we want to make sure we have the best selection before customers come out,” Chouinard said.

Share and discuss “Newly opened East Lansing Threads sells a variety of brands, customized jerseys” on social media.