Kappa Alpha Theta to hold charity softball tournament Friday

On Friday, 19 teams will step up to the plate for Kappa Alpha Theta’s second annual philanthropy softball tournament.

The games will begin at 11 a.m. at Patriarche Park in East Lansing and the final game is set to begin at 6 p.m.

Of the teams who have registered, all except one which is made up of ROTC members, are part of greek life.

Even though deadline to form a team has passed, philanthropy chair for Kappa Alpha Theta and international relations junior Madelyn Krenselewski said everyone is welcome to watch the games.

While watching is free, there will be food and Krenselewski said spectators are asked to pay $5.

All of the proceeds will go towards Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children, or CASA which is Kappa Alpha Theta’s national charity.

The goal of CASA is to recruit volunteers who will advocate the best interests of neglected or abused children in the community and in the courtroom. 

Krenselewski said last year the event was successful and she hopes the same for this year.

“Whether or not you’ve played softball before, it’s easy to pick up and a fun way to raise money,” Krenselewski said. “I hope everyone is able to realize they are doing this for a good cause and to raise money for kids.”

Share and discuss “Kappa Alpha Theta to hold charity softball tournament Friday” on social media.