University of New Hampshire graduate offered VP position with MSU IT services

Joanna Young has been recommended as MSU’s new vice president for information technology and chief information officer, or CIO.

Young has served at the University of New Hampshire as the associate vice president for finance and budget since Sept. 2009 and the CIO at New Hampshire since May 2009. 

She is currently responsible for overseeing applications and infrastructure supporting all university functions. These include learning management systems, distance learning, networks, servers and data centers.

Young has a bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of New Hampshire.

“Joanna has extensive experience in information technology and brings a wealth of knowledge in technology, finance, strategic planning and program prioritization,” Satish Udpa, MSU executive vice president for administrative services, said in a statement. “We are very pleased that she has agreed to take on this critical leadership role at Michigan State.”

If Young’s appointment is approved by the MSU Board of Trustees, she will begin on Aug. 26.

Share and discuss “University of New Hampshire graduate offered VP position with MSU IT services” on social media.