Annual 'Meet the Spartans' event to take place August 12

Spartan football fans will have an opportunity to get up close and personal with their favorite players on August 12 for the 12th annual Meet the Spartans event. 

Head coach Mark Dantonio and various players of the 2014 team will be signing autographs on the south concourse area at Spartan Stadium from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Offensive players will sign autographs from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., followed by defensive players from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. 

Dantonio will be available for autographs during both times.

To save time, each fan will be allowed to have only one item autographed during the event. Photographs with players or with Dantonio will not be allowed. However, visitors will be able to take to the playing field and take photos while decked out in football gear — anything from a Spartan helmet to shoulder pads and a jersey. 

Guests will be able to take photos with Sparty, tour the press box and act as a play-by-play announcer for famous sports moments of the past. 

Free schedule posters will be distributed to attendees by the MSU cheerleaders and dance team. For added entertainment, attendees will be able to wander over to the Ralph Young Field and participate in a punt-pass-snap-kick competition or watch a performance from Zeke the Wonderdog. 

Merchandise will be available for purchase from the Spartan Sideline Shop beginning at 4 p.m. For $5, attendees will also be able to purchase a wristband to participate in A Taste of Spartan Stadium and enjoy various samples during the event, such as chicken and waffles.

Admission and parking are both free and parking will be accessible at Lots 79 and 62W. 

Share and discuss “Annual 'Meet the Spartans' event to take place August 12 ” on social media.