Sights and sounds of Common Ground — Day two

Lansing’s Common Ground Music Festival blended reggae and rock and roll for their Wednesday event, bringing spectators together from all over for concerts and carnival festivities. 

Photo by Casey Holland | The State News

Lansing's Common Ground Music Festival blended reggae and rock and roll for their Wednesday event, bringing spectators together from all over for concerts and carnival festivities. 

The Sparrow Stage saw performers throughout the course of the evening. Local Lansing band Squirrel Shaped Fish was first to take the stage, followed by the Mississippi indie rock band The Weeks. The California-based indie trio Radical Something also performed their hip-hop and rock songs.

Ben Kenney, the bass guitarist for the California rock band Incubus, closed to evening's performances.

The GM Pavilion Stage hosted performances from the rock band the 4onthefloor and the rock and hip-hop group Flobots. The last performer at the stage was OPM, a rock, hip-hop and reggae band from California. 

The Wailers kicked off performances at the Auto Value Main Stage, singing hits from their "Legend" album with Bob Marley. The group performed songs such as "One Love" and "Could You Be Loved?". 

Violent Femmes followed their performance, and the rock group played familiar hits, prompting the entire crowd to sing along with them to "Blister in the Sun." 

Rock and roll group 311 ended performances at the main stage, performing new singles from their "Stereolithic" album and old hits such as "Amber." 

Share and discuss “Sights and sounds of Common Ground — Day two” on social media.