Suspects in Spartan Stadium bomb threat have case postponed

<p>Anthony Shearer, right, and Cynthia Spade, left, enter the courtroom for a pre-trial conference July 8, 2014, in East Lansing's 54-B District Court. Both suspects stand trial for falsely reporting a bomb threat to Spartan Stadium. Corey Damocles/The State News </p>

Anthony Shearer, right, and Cynthia Spade, left, enter the courtroom for a pre-trial conference July 8, 2014, in East Lansing's 54-B District Court. Both suspects stand trial for falsely reporting a bomb threat to Spartan Stadium. Corey Damocles/The State News

Photo by Corey Damocles | The State News

Two people suspected of reporting a false bomb threat to Spartan Stadium appeared in court Tuesday only to have judicial action postponed for two weeks.

Lansing residents Anthony Shearer and Cynthia Spade appeared before Judge Richard Ball at 54-B District Court for their pre-trial conference, where Ball granted a two-week adjournment at the request of all parties.

Prosecutor Russel Church spoke on behalf of the State of Michigan.

“Your honor, I think all parties are desirous of waiting 14 days — in this case, settling the case out a little bit," Church said. "This is a case where you had a...pretty intense response by the police department. I want to find out who has reported information on the cases so we got...the information we need to make the decisions on the front end. So we need a little bit of time for that."

Shearer and Spade are set to return for a preliminary examination on Friday, July 25.

Share and discuss “Suspects in Spartan Stadium bomb threat have case postponed” on social media.