Pres. Simon recommending June Youatt to become provost

MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon announced on Tuesday that she will recommend current acting provost June Youatt to become the next provost and executive vice president for academic affairs.

President Simon will recommend her choice to the Board of Trustees for its approval in its April meeting.

Youatt is a graduate of MSU and also has years of experience as both a teacher and administrator.

“Student, faculty member, administrator - June Youatt has contributed tremendously to Michigan State University,” Simon said in a statement. “While we had an excellent pool of candidates from which to select, I can think of no one better suited for the post of MSU provost.

Youatt is replacing provost Kim Wilcox, who stepped down in July. She got the newest provost position over four other candidates, which were Jose Bermudez, Paul D’Anieri, Deborah Kochevar, Sarah Mangelsdorf.

A provost is the university’s chief academic officer, who provides leadership for matters that affect academic programs, research and outreach involving faculty, students and staff. 

Share and discuss “Pres. Simon recommending June Youatt to become provost” on social media.