After season split, MSU women's basketball facing Nebraska in Big Ten tourney

<p>Junior forward Becca Mills reacts when a foul was not called on Michigan on March 7, 2014, at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The Spartans won, 61-58, to advance to the third round of the Big Ten Tournament. Betsy Agosta/The State News</p>

Junior forward Becca Mills reacts when a foul was not called on Michigan on March 7, 2014, at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The Spartans won, 61-58, to advance to the third round of the Big Ten Tournament. Betsy Agosta/The State News

After coming from behind to defeat Michigan in the quarterfinals last night, the No. 2-seeded women's basketball team will take on No. 3-seeded Nebraska in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals on Saturday at 6 p.m. 

MSU and Nebraska split the regular-season series 1-1

Nebraska handily defeated Minnesota following the MSU-Michigan game, 80-58, behind a strong performance by Big Ten Player of the Year Jordan Hooper, who had 33 points and 12 rebounds.

Sophomore guard Rachel Theriot also had a stellar performance for the Huskers with 14 points and a Big Ten Tournament-record 18 assists, turning the ball over just once.

The Huskers handed MSU its worst defeat of the regular season on Feb. 8, 76-56. 

The Spartans survived poor performances from senior guard Klarissa Bell and redshirt freshman guard Aerial Powers on Friday night against Michigan, but defeating Nebraska likely will require an A-game from from the entire team.

Share and discuss “After season split, MSU women's basketball facing Nebraska in Big Ten tourney” on social media.