Juicy J makes late entrance to concert at auditorium

<p>Juicy J</p>

Juicy J

Photo by Todd Williamson | The State News

When rapper Juicy J took center stage Saturday night at the MSU Auditorium, the eager crowd — who waited more than two hours for him to grace the stage — was more than ready.

Opening rappers Fowl, Ahmad & Warhead, Bootz Bub and Sincere led the concert off with original pieces, and the MSU chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity also performed a step show.

But by 8:30 p.m., the impatient audience heckled the rappers and yelled for Juicy J to come on stage.

After the opening acts finished, it was quite evident the rapper still was not ready to perform. Filler music blasted through the auditorium until Juicy J finally took stage.

Although the concert was set for 7 p.m., the rapper was scheduled to take the stage at 9 p.m, said Michael Kutzback, the founder of Peezy Promotions.

Juicy J finally took center stage at 9:20 p.m. and performed for about 40 minutes.

Kutzback said Juicy J was driving to MSU from Detroit and got to the venue later than expected.

Once he was on stage, Juicy J kept thousands of attendees on their feet dancing, singing and smiling through the entirety of his performance to make up for his late arrival.

The rapper started off the concert with the high-energy song “Stop It” and continued the night with his well-known songs such as “Scholarship,” “Bounce It,” and “Smokin’ Rollin.’”

English senior Sean O’Brien said he enjoyed the concert, but was thoroughly disappointed with the short performance.

“We paid $40 and we saw 40 minutes worth of Juicy J,” O’Brien said.

Kalamazoo resident Candice May said despite his late arrival being a bit irritating, the rapper delivered an exciting show.

“It was entertaining and energetic,” May said.

The rapper teased the crowd by taking selfies with front row attendees and asked the crowd where the single ladies would party after.

“It’s just fun to be with your girls and dance all night,” human biology sophomore Ashley Kaminski said.

Kaminski, who came out Saturday night for a girl’s night out with close friends, said despite the rapper’s late arrival, it still was a good time.

Share and discuss “Juicy J makes late entrance to concert at auditorium ” on social media.