Men's club lacrosse video series goes on network

The MSU men’s lacrosse club is making its presence known across the nation with a new video series featured on The Lacrosse Network, a YouTube channel that covers the sport of lacrosse.

The web series , “The Program: Fall Ball,” was released Tuesday on the network. Each episode gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at the life of a club lacrosse player and how they develop into a strong team.

The idea stemmed from the documentary that media and information junior Spencer Taylor created for the club to highlight last season.

Taylor has been shooting and producing the video series. In addition to conducting interviews with the players, he attends every practice and scrimmage to get the footage. The first video is an introduction to the club sport and some of the players.

“They reached out to me to have something to look back on and view their season,” Taylor said. “The viral exposure they got from that was really good to the program and made many people appreciate club lacrosse.”

After the hype of the documentary, The Lacrosse Network reached out to Taylor and recommended he create a web series for the MSU club.

Senior midfielder Charley Dever, who is friends with Taylor and helped come up with the idea for the documentary, was featured in the first episode. Dever said the exposure on the network is good for the club because it puts MSU’s lacrosse program up with highly ranked schools the network usually covers, such as the University of North Carolina and Duke.

“Everyone in the lacrosse world knows about The Lacrosse Network,” Dever said. “It is so cool to know that we are in the public eye and show how we are such a serious program.”

In the spring, the men’s lacrosse club went to nationals for the fourth time, but lost in the quarter finals.

Dever also said the videos help for prospective players interested in the program because it will give them a sense of how the club interacts and works.

Taylor said he has worked with other sports teams on campus, but men’s lacrosse is one of the best groups he has interacted with.

“This team is unlike any team I have dealt with at MSU,” Taylor said. “They don’t think they are better than anyone else.”

There will be seven to eight new episodes overall released every Tuesday this fall and also in the spring on youtube.com/user/TheLacrosseNetwork/videos.

Share and discuss “Men's club lacrosse video series goes on network” on social media.