Jeremy Langford named Big Ten Offensive POW

<p>Junior running back Jeremy Langford celebrates with teammates after the game against Indiana, Oct. 12, 2013, at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated The Hoosiers, 42-28. Danyelle Morrow/The State News</p>

Junior running back Jeremy Langford celebrates with teammates after the game against Indiana, Oct. 12, 2013, at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated The Hoosiers, 42-28. Danyelle Morrow/The State News

Photo by Danyelle Morrow | The State News

MSU junior running back Jeremy Langford has been named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week, MSU’s athletic department announced on Monday.

Langford rushed for a career-high 109 yards and had four total touchdowns in MSU’s 42-28 victory against Indiana this weekend. On the season, Langford now has rushed for 420 yards and seven touchdowns for the Spartans (5-1 overall, 2-0 Big Ten).

“It felt good,” Langford said after the game on Saturday. “The offense executed very well. The offensive line had one of their best games. The quarterback had a good game and the receivers did a good job blocking downfield.”

The four touchdowns by Langford are the most for any Spartan since former running back Edwin Baker accomplished the feat in a 31-8 win over Minnesota in Nov. 2010. Langford also is the first Spartan to win Offensive Player of the Week honors since Le’Veon Bell did so in MSU’s regular season finale in 2012.

Junior punter Mike Sadler also earned weekly honors, picking up the nod as Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week.

Per MSU, Sadler had a career-best 59.3 yards on four punts against the Hoosiers.

Share and discuss “Jeremy Langford named Big Ten Offensive POW” on social media.