Halloween deals and contests at local stores

<p>Political science senior Chris Fox takes physics freshman Abby Harbourne&#8217;s order Oct. 30, 2013, at the Dairy Store. The Dairy Store changed all their ice cream flavor names to be Halloween themed. Margaux Forster/The State News</p>

Political science senior Chris Fox takes physics freshman Abby Harbourne’s order Oct. 30, 2013, at the Dairy Store. The Dairy Store changed all their ice cream flavor names to be Halloween themed. Margaux Forster/The State News

Photo by Margaux Forster | The State News

Halloween is not only a reason for students to dress up, but for East Lansing businesses to show and get in the holiday spirit. Businesses are decorating their stores or providing specials, parties and other festivities, to get potential customers excited about the holiday. Here are some specials around town to take advantage of on Halloween and through the weekend.?

J2 Tanning

J2 Tanning is throwing a Halloween pre-party Thursday from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. People who come in the sexiest or most creative costumes can win a variety of prizes including a free month of tanning, free lotions or gift cards.

Dairy Store

The Dairy Store is covered in Halloween decorations and the ice cream flavors have been given Halloween-themed names, such as cookies and scream and chocolate chip spooky dough.?

American Apparel and Urban Outfitters

Both American Apparel and Urban Outfitters put out clothing items that can work for a last-minute Halloween costume. American Apparel has a special display in the store showing how certain clothing could be incorporated into a costume. Urban Outfitters has unique makeup, candy, hair color, masks and even a bear costume to purchase for Halloween.?

Woody’s Oasis Bar and Grill

Woody’s Oasis Bar and Grill is hosting a costume contest on Halloween starting around 10 p.m. Prizes for winners include a gift certificate to the bar, T-shirts and other items. In addition, there will be no cover and drink specials all night.

Spencer’s Kitchen and Bar

Spencer’s Kitchen and Bar is having featured cocktails for a lower price on Halloween and this weekend. Some of the special drinks include the Swedish Fish Cocktail for $4.50, Ultimate Margarita for $5.00, Spicy Pineapple Cocktail for $4.50 and a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot for $3.50.

Jeanologie XX/XY Boutique

Students can bring in their school ID and receive 15 percent off all items Thursday to Sunday in the boutique.

HopCat

While HopCat is having its usual Thursday special of beer and a burger for $6, all of the hostesses and waiters are dressing up in a costume to get everyone in the holiday spirit.

The Riviera Cafe Restaurant and Lounge

Besides The Riv’s Burgerama special from 1-9 p.m. Thursdays, the bar also is hosting a costume party around 11 p.m. The winner receives a high-definition TV. Halloween-themed shots also are being served.

Share and discuss “Halloween deals and contests at local stores” on social media.