Sparty's to offer bus passes, more this fall

Striving to better meet the needs of students and staff, Culinary Services will be rolling out additional food options at select Sparty’s Convenience Stores, as well as the ability to purchase Capital Area Transportation Authority bus passes at all locations across campus.

Bill Kost, the associate director of retail food services, said the Division of Residential and Hospitality Services, or RHS, felt the retail atmosphere of Sparty’s would be the perfect place to sell passes.

“The bus passes being available through Sparty’s gives all students a much larger window to purchase on a daily basis with the extended hours available, more payment options that involve paying by cash, credit card and Spartan Cash and a new feature that links the semester or 31-day pass to the students’ ID,” Kost said.

The new ID pass enables students to get replacements free of charge from the ID office within the International Center, according to Kost.

Turbo Chef’s, replacing the panini grills across campus, will enable students to receive their meals more efficiently, a necessity for the Spartan on the move. New grill items also are expected at the Brody Square location, a change brought on by the success of the Hubbard Hall grill concept.

Rounding out the list of confirmed improvements is the renovation of the Administration Building location.

Share and discuss “Sparty's to offer bus passes, more this fall” on social media.