Students pack Breslin Center for first shot at Macklemore tickets

Upwards of 100 MSU students gathered inside the Breslin Center ticket office this morning, with high anticipation to get the first crack at tickets for the March 19 Macklemore and Ryan Lewis concert.

“We wanted to get good seats, getting good seats is really important,” zoology sophomore Chris Kuechle said. “He’s an emriging artist still, even though he’s hit radio (stations). He’s definitely getting bigger and bigger and I’ve always liked his works.”

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis concert tickets officially went on sale today at 1:00 p.m. with students able to purchase tickets at the Breslin Center ticket box office, www.breslincenter.com or by calling (517)-432-5000 or (800)-968-2737.

Tickets are $20 for students, according to an ASMSU email.

Student arrived as early as 7 a.m. with some wanting to get as close as they could at the concert.

“All the seats are $20 so we want to get good ones,” civil engineering junior Morgan Hoxsie said.

Macklemore is an up-and-coming musician who is known for some of his recent hits, including “Can’t Hold Us” and “Thrift Shop.”

ASMSU announced Macklemore as an entertainment event to bring more attention to the undergraduate student government and some of the services the organization provides. Officials said they also wanted to provide fun entertainment for students.

“Knowing that there’s incredible anticipation from students surrounding and leading up to the event makes this that much better,” ASMSU Director of Public Relations said. “We’ve got a really high participation and interaction between ASMSU and students on social media, which is what we hoped for because that means they might take advantage of some of the many other services we offer to students.”

ASMSU already has announced a plan for another spring concert tennatively set for April 11, with a multiple Grammy Award-winning artist in mind.

ASMSU is planning to officially announce the artist in mid March.

Share and discuss “Students pack Breslin Center for first shot at Macklemore tickets” on social media.