Reports: MSU to hire former Ohio State coordinator as Roushar replacement

Former Ohio State offensive coordinator Jim Bollman is set to become MSU football’s next offensive coordinator, according to multiple reports citing anonymous sources.

MSU has yet to officially confirm the hire.

Bollman previously accepted the offensive line coach position at Purdue this off-season after serving as offensive line coach and run game coordinator at Boston College in 2012.

MSU head coach Mark Dantonio and Bollman worked together as assistants under former Spartan coach Nick Saban from 1995-97 and again at Ohio State under Jim Tressel. Dantonio and Bollman were the offensive and defensive coordinators for the Buckeyes’ 2002 national championship team.

Bollman inherits a unit that was 95th in the nation last season in total offense and will be without two of MSU’s biggest weapons from 2012 — running back Le’Veon Bell and tight end Dion Sims.

The position on the Spartans’ staff became vacant earlier this month when Dan Roushar, offensive coordinator the previous two seasons, left to become the running backs coach for the NFL’s New Orleans Saints.

Share and discuss “Reports: MSU to hire former Ohio State coordinator as Roushar replacement” on social media.