Comm. Arts and Sciences assistant professor dies Jan. 2

Assistant professor within the College of Communication Arts and Sciences Jessica Luo Carlo died Jan. 2.

She worked in the Department of Advertising, Public Relations, and Retailing and conducted her research in a variety of fields, including technology-based innovation and systemic risk in complex socio-technical systems, according to a statement by the College of Communication Arts and Sciences, or CAS.

Carlo also was involved in different studies funded by the National Science Foundation, one of which involved studying teamwork within groups of scientists who worked with the Facility for Rare Isotope Beams, or FRIB, project on campus, according to CAS.

Internationally, Carlo helped train both traveling doctors and Tibetan medical students, according to the statement.

Carlo attended Case Western Reserve University and received a doctorate degree in Management from the institution. In 2004, she received the Graduate Dean’s Instructional Excellence Award from Case Western Reserve University, after teaching management courses there, according to the statement.

Share and discuss “Comm. Arts and Sciences assistant professor dies Jan. 2” on social media.