MSU alumnus faces terrorism charges after shooting spree

<p>Casteel</p>

Casteel

Alleged I-96 corridor shooter Raulie Casteel, an MSU alumnus, will face terrorism charges, Michigan’s Attorney General Bill Schuette announced Dec. 20.

Casteel was arrested Nov. 5 after reportedly going on a shooting spree involving 24 people and committing crimes across several counties, including Ingham, between Oct. 16-27. He also faces assault with intent to murder and multiple felony weapons charges.

“These were acts of domestic terrorism against Michigan citizens and we are prosecuting them as such,” Schuette said in a release.

The charges replace county-level charges in Livingston County and pertain only to crimes committed within that county, although evidence of “similar acts” from other counties will be entered.

Schuette might file additional charges in Ingham and Shiawassee Counties “pending the outcome of the Livingston case,” according to the release.

Casteel’s attorney Charles Groh said his client is scheduled to appear for arraignment Dec. 27, according to The Associated Press.

Share and discuss “MSU alumnus faces terrorism charges after shooting spree” on social media.