Women's basketball remains undefeated after 68-35 rout of Robert Morris

<p>Head coach Suzy Merchant talks to her team during a timeout on Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012, at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Colonials 68-35. Julia Nagy/The State News</p>

Head coach Suzy Merchant talks to her team during a timeout on Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012, at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Colonials 68-35. Julia Nagy/The State News

Photo by Julia Nagy | The State News

The MSU women’s basketball team (5-0) cruised past Robert Morris 68-35 in their final home game in November.

Senior guard Jasmine Thomas had her best game of the season scoring 14 points and dishing out eight assists.

Two other Spartans were in double figures as senior forward Courtney Schiffauer had 10 points and junior forward Annalise Pickrel added 11, including three 3-pointers.

Senior guard Tracy Nogle came in late in the game and went 3-for-3 from the floor and 1-for-1 from beyond the arc and scored eight points and had three rebounds in just seven minutes.

The Spartans also saw the return of freshman guard Branndais Agee from foot surgery. She had three rebounds in just nine minutes of play.

It wasn’t all about offense for the Spartans as they held Robert Morris to a season low 25.5 percent from the floor.

The Spartans forced 21 turnovers by the Colonials and snatched a total of 46 rebounds. Schiffauer had nine of them, including four at the offensive end.

Next up for the Spartans is NC State in Raleigh, N.C. in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge at 7 p.m. on Thursday.

Share and discuss “Women's basketball remains undefeated after 68-35 rout of Robert Morris” on social media.