Spartans collect food donations to fight hunger

The MSU Division of Residence Education and Hospitality Services and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics are teaming up with the MSU Student Foo5d Bank and the Greater Lansing Food Bank to attempt to “tackle hunger” for the sixth year in a row.

Through Nov. 17, Spartans can collect nonperishable goods, such as beans, rice, pasta, canned goods, boxed meals, peanut butter, instant potatoes and more, to give to the MSU Student Food Bank. On Nov. 17, goods also will be collected at MSU’s home football game against Northwestern, and those will be given to the Greater Lansing Food Bank.

Donations of food and personal care items can be dropped off at a number of locations, including residence hall service centers, the Union, Spartan Village Community Center, University Village Community Center, Kellogg Center and designated academic buildings, and monetary donations can be taken to any Sparty’s location. Students also can take two or three donation items to either IM Sports-East or IM Sports-West for a free day of access.

Donations also can be dropped off at any of the MSU Federal Credit Union branches. A full list of suggested items to donate and on-campus collection locations can be found at fooddrive.msu.edu.

Share and discuss “Spartans collect food donations to fight hunger” on social media.