East Lansing School Board President loses re-election, two new residents win

Kathleen Edsall and Nate Lake won the race for the East Lansing School Board on Tuesday, while incumbent President Rima Addiego lost her bid for a third full term.

Final numbers show Edsall came in at the front of the race with 5,921 votes, garnering 31.63%
of the votes. Nick Lake is second with 4,642 votes and approximately 25% of the votes.

Addiego fell short at third with 4,092 votes. Alec Lloyd came in fourth with 3,771 votes.

Incumbent board Vice President Kay Young Biddle won her partial-term bid with 5,986 votes.
Challenger John L. Rivette came up short with 4,207.

Addiego could not be immediately reached for comment early Wednesday morning.

Earlier in the evening, Addiego said she was “confident and hopeful” that she would be re-elected for school board president and that her colleague, Kay Biddle, would be re-elected for vice-president of the school board.

“We’ve had a lot of support across many different segments of the community,” she said.

She said that it’s always hard to tell how the polls will go, but noted that supporters who have called her were very “enthusiastic.”

Lake, an East Lansing resident who described himself as a “moderate” candidate compared to the incumbents, said that he was confident going into the election, and that his goal is to “work with everybody.”

Share and discuss “East Lansing School Board President loses re-election, two new residents win” on social media.