Sims likely to miss Iowa game with ankle injury

<p>Junior tight end Dion Sims smiles after defeating Eastern Michigan, 23-7, on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012, at Spartan Stadium. Sims had one touchdown during the game. Justin Wan/The State News</p>

Junior tight end Dion Sims smiles after defeating Eastern Michigan, 23-7, on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012, at Spartan Stadium. Sims had one touchdown during the game. Justin Wan/The State News

Photo by Justin Wan | The State News

Returning to the football field doesn’t appear imminent for junior tight end Dion Sims.

The MSU football team’s (4-2 overall, 1-1 Big Ten) leading receiver was injured early in Saturday’s 31-27 victory over Indiana, and head coach Mark Dantonio said the timeline for his return is still unknown.

“I don’t know that he’ll make it this week,” Dantonio said Monday on The Paul W. Smith Show on WJR 760-AM.

“He may make it next week. We’ll have to see how he responds in the next couple days, really.”

Sims leads the Spartans with 24 catches for 313 yards, despite leaving Saturday’s game early.

Dantonio will address the media at his weekly press conference Tuesday at Spartan Stadium.

Share and discuss “Sims likely to miss Iowa game with ankle injury” on social media.