If the term Spartan nation ever was appropriate, it would have been for the setting in Pasadena. Fans, students and alumni pulled out all stops for the 100th rendition of the most sport’s most iconic game. At the game, MSU fans accounted for approximately 50-60,000 of the 95,000-plus attendees.
PASADENA, Calif. – Before the game, it was about the middle linebacker. After the game, it was about the middle linebacker. When senior linebacker Max Bullough’s college career was proclaimed dead via an email in the wee hours of Dec. 26, it jolted the MSU community which was readying itself for the biggest game in more than two decades.
PASADENA, Calif. – MSU ended its longest Rose Bowl drought since its maiden voyage to Pasadena, Calif., in 1954 with a 24-20 victory against Stanford in the 100th anniversary of the legendary game. The Spartans lost the first quarter, but dominated the final three in front of an amped up crowd, most of which was draped in green.
PASADENA, Calif. – What many pegged as a physical, low-scoring affair and one of the most even matchups of the bowl season is living up to its billing through 30 minutes.
PASADENA, Calif. – Christmas presents. Early graduation gifts. Loans from family. Secret stashes from summer jobs. Begging. These are the common avenues MSU students took to secure the necessary financing required to travel to see MSU play in the 100th rendition of the Rose Bowl.
- Report: Dantonio to get new deal as MSU coach
- Five storylines to watch in the Rose Bowl
- Calhoun has sights set on future success at MSU, not in NFL
- Top Pa. safety to join Spartans
- Report: Rapper Rich Homie Quan set to join MSU in Pasadena
- Spartans get perks through Rose Bowl gifts
- Dennard becomes MSU's first Thorpe Award winner
- Five keys to an MSU victory in the Big Ten Championship Game
- Run for the roses: Big Ten Championship Game predictions
- State News reporters revisit preseason predictions
- State News football reporters predict MSU victory over Minnesota on Senior Day
- Dennard's fame grows, Sadler kept off Ray Guy Award list
- A deeper look at 'Charlie Brown'
- Former MSU recruit, current rapper signs with WMU
- State News reporters split prediction for Champions Classic
- Sadler semifinalist for Ray Guy Award
- USA Today shows Dantonio is a bargain
- Payne, Harris on Oscar Robertson Trophy watch list
- Pre-season hype recap for MSU basketball
- Gameday Q&A: Purdue Exponent's Travis Baugh