Lawyers have filed a letter of intent to sue MSU over alleged assaults and abuse of 13 women and girls by ex-MSU faculty member and former USA Gymnastics physician Larry Nassar, according to court documents acquired by The State News. Lawyers filed a letter in the Court of Claims as a notice of intent to file a claim, a procedural move. Potential claims included "Violations of Title IX," "Negligent failure to warn," "Negligent supervision" MSU spokesperson Jason Cody responded to the intent to file with this statement: “While we have not been served with any lawsuit and therefore are unable to comment on any potential litigation, I can tell you we take allegations of sexual abuse very seriously.
MSU suffered a data breach exposing a database with about 400,000 records on Nov. 13, the university has confirmed. An unauthorized party accessed a university server which contains "sensitive data," according to the press release. Database contained about 400,000 records, including names, social security numbers and MSU identification numbers of some current and former students and employees.
MSU College Democrats held a "Rally Against Hate, Bigotry, Racism and Sexism" that began on MSU's campus.
MSU College Democrats held a "Rally Against Hate, Bigotry, Racism and Sexism" that began on MSU's campus. The protest size grew exponentially and began to march down Grand River Avenue. Protesters have split up, one group remains inside the Union and the other is currently to the Capitol. Stay with The State News for updates.
East Lansing polls closed at 8 p.m. Stay with The State News for Election 2016 results.
- Looking back on the week February 19-25
- Looking back of the week of February 12-18
- Looking back of the week of January 29 - February 4
- Looking back of the week of January 22-28
- Looking back of the week of January 15 - 21
- Looking back on the week of January 8 - January 14
- CATA millage looks to pass; 69th House district GOP race ongoing
- Scene at gubernatorial election parties as polls close
- Voter turnout at E.L. locations varies
- Conflicting reports about offer of largest contract in college basketball to Izzo
- Defenseman Petry forgoing senior season for NHL