With MSU’s 2012-13 season coming to a close in the Sweet 16 this past weekend, Tom Izzo made his way to the podium one final time to wrap up the season that was.
Most students are one month away from finding out the results of their hard work this semester, but for the MSU men’s basketball team, the time for grades has come.
He’d sprinted up and down the sidelines nearly a dozen times, bitten everything he could bite and let nearly every expletive fly.
Hundreds came from near and far to send Tom Izzo off to the Sweet 16 at a pep rally held a few hours before tipoff at the team’s hotel Friday evening.
The No. 3 seed MSU men’s basketball team (27-8) squares off against No. 2 seed Duke (29-5) in the Sweet 16 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
- Appling on shoulder injury: "It’s nothing that some ice and a little ibuprofen can’t take care of"
- Harris' shoulder injury might have been aggravated during loss to Ohio State
- Matchup up with Ohio State likely has NCAA Tournament seeding implications
- Dawson on Appling's dunk: "he’s been watching Russell Westbrook a little too much"
- Harris wins Big Ten Freshman of the Year, team hands out end of year awards
- MSU still listed as No. 2 seed in latest projections
- MSU, U-M rematch will once again feature two top-10 teams
- Canadian player to transfer MSU, according to reports
- MSU, U-M projected to travel to Auburn Hills for NCAA tourney
- Players react to new alternate jerseys
- Dawson avoids injury, Nix puts up 17 in win over Nebraska
- Former Spartan Cleaves praises U-M, team's postseason chances
- Freshman Allen honored for play on offensive line
- William Gholston pens open letter to fans, MSU program
- MSU trails Texas 33-28 at half
- Izzo: 'It's a big week' for recruiting, MSU awaits decision from Jabari Parker
- Agee to miss rest of season as women's team continues to succumb to injuries
- Potential MSU recruit Jabari Parker set to announce decision next week
- Spartans dominating Arkansas-Pine Bluff, leading 38-12 at halftime
- Spartans overpowering Milwaukee in first half