Saturday, October 25, 2014

MSU Football Blog

Advance seat reservation program announced by Big Ten

By Stephen Brooks          Posted: 07/24/12 5:07pm         

The Big Ten announced a new partnership Tuesday with Forward Market Media and Big Ten Network to create a new ticket reservation system called TeamTix.

To try to better accommodate fans at the football Big Ten Championship Game, TeamTix allows fans to reserve a ticket to the game, pending their team qualifies, for as little as $10. The small fee guarantees fans of that team a ticket at face value if they make it to the championship.

If the team they reserved a ticket for fails to reach the game, however, the TeamTix expire and the fan loses their reservation fee. The reservations are limited to eight tickets per party.

Fans also will have the opportunity to trade and sell their TeamTix throughout the season in an online market where prices can fluctuate depending on the results on the field.

In last year’s inaugural Big Ten Championship, fans donning every color in the Big Ten spectrum could be seen in the crowd after tickets were sold far in advance of the game. This new system aims to eliminate that complication and potentially encourage more fans of the two participating teams to attend.

The game is once again being played at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Dec. 1. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. this Saturday. Reservations can be placed at BTN.com/TeamTix.